The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has called for the reduction of disposable products and the increased use of reusable items, such as cloth. Because Mickey’s washes and services textiles, we are by nature, a recycler! Mickey’s Linen® can provide businesses with a number of solutions that will help reduce their disposables as well as solid wastes.
There are many ways in which Mickey’s helps the environment:
- Hanger recycling program
- Water recycling systems help reduce water consumption by 45% allowing for re-use
- Re-use of textiles – when a product can no longer be rented, it is downgraded for alternative uses
- Systems have been implemented to reduce the energy used to heat the hot water (this method of heat transfer reduces fossil fuel usage)
- Recycle linen, paper, and packaging materials whenever possible
- The paper products we service in restrooms offer portion control / one-at-a-time servings to reduce over-use and waste – these products are made from recycled paper
- We use high efficiency lighting to reduce energy consumption
- Software is used to optimize our route deliveries, minimizing the distances traveled and conserving fuel used
- All chemicals are environmentally approved
- We train and educate our customers on how to reduce paper (paper napkins and paper on the table top) in their facility in an effort to help reduce landfill waste
- Paperless processing; eliminating paper invoices and statements
- Silverware return program to reduce landfill waste and reduce customer cost
TRSA Clean Green Certification recognizes companies that demonstrate responsible leadership in sustainability and conservation to protect the environment.
The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) is a non-profit organization formed for the purpose of inspecting and accrediting laundries processing healthcare textiles for hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.